Strawberry Protein Waffles
2 cups cashew milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp of honey
2 cups gulten free flour
2 scoops of Growing Naturals Strawberry Burst Rice Protein
1 tbp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Warm waffle iron to about 200F (each waffle iron will vary depending on how crispy you like your waffle)
Whisk cashew milk, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and honey together in a bowl and set aside.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, Growing Naturals Strawberry Blast and salt in mixer.
Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing well until fully incorporated into a pancake/waffle type batter.
Ladle waffle mixture into your waffle maker so the bottom of the waffler maker is filled. Cook according to your maker’s directions. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Michele Eichstead
Collard Green Taco
Roasted potato and spinach tacos, wrapped it in giant collard leaf!
Sauté spinach, garlic, onion, nutritional yeast and spices together for taco mixture.
Salad is shredded zuchinni,onion,peppers and romaine lettuce.
Dressing: Blend all these in blender:
1 large ripe mango
2 roma tomatoes
juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp hemp hearts
Makes 4 servings!
Quinoa Salad with Pears and Maple Vinaigrette
- 1 c. organic quinoa
- Sea salt
- 2 heaping handfuls of organic baby spinach leaves, washed, drained
- 1 large pear, washed, stemmed and cored, cut into pieces
- ½ c. chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ c. red grapes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Handful of pecans
- 2 organic chicken breasts, grilled or sautéed, cut into chunks (omit for Vegan option)
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. pure, organic maple syrup
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and transfer it into a large salad bowl.
2. Add the spinach, pear chunks, chickpeas, grapes, chicken, and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff again.
3. Whisk together the vinaigrette, pour it over the quinoa salad, and toss gently to coat. Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
4. Just before serving, add the toasted pecans
Clean the Fridge Quinoa Chili!
SPICY CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND KALE HARVEST SOUP
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
4 gluten-free spicy chicken sausages (ours had jalapenos)
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large gold potato, peeled and diced
2 large diced carrots
1 diced onion
1 14-oz can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
1 32-oz carton organic chicken or vegetable broth (low sodium if possible)
1 bunch kale
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste, if needed
In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes; stir for 1 minute.
Quarter the sausages lengthwise; then slice into pieces. Add the sausage to the oil; cook the sausage for 5 minutes, until browned.
Add potatoes, carrots, diced tomatoes, onions and broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer, covered for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash the kale, shake off the water and tear off the tough stems. Tear larger pieces into small pieces.
When the potatoes are tender add the kale to the pot and lightly simmer, covered, until the kale is tender and wilted- about 10 to 15 minutes.
RED CABBAGE RAISIN SLAW WITH VINAIGRETTE
8 ounces (about 4 cups) shredded red cabbage
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ cup raisins
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds, or anything like almonds,sesame seeds are fine as well.
1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon honey OR 100% PURE MAPLE SYRUP
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
Toss together cabbage, cilantro, raisins and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl.
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, cumin, garlic, honey and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and mix together
THIS AMOUNT MAKES ABOUT 4-5 SERVINGS, lasts for about 4 days in refrigerator. You can toss this over mixed greens or just have it by itself.
ITALIAN TURKEY BURGERS
• 1 package of ground extra lean turkey breast
• 2 medium zucchini, grated
• 1/2 tsp salt or Ms. Dash salt free Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsp onion powder
• 2 tsp dried or fresh basil
• 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
• 1 tsp black pepper
1. Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that burgers will be about 2 inches from the heat. Or grill on a George foreman or outdoor grill.
2. In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, pepper and then turkey.
3. Mix well and scoop out 4-to-5 oz portions. Mixture will be really moist so for easier clean up, use a foil-lined baking sheet, prepped with non-stick spray.
4. Place burgers in oven and broil for 7 minutes. Carefully flip each burger and continue to broil for another 7 minutes on the other side. Serve warm.
Key lime pie!
4 frozen bananas…
Few handfuls of spinach
Juice of 2 limes
1 1/2 cups of buckwheat groats
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
Pulse filling. Set aside. Pulse crust. Build a pie. Let sit in freezer for an hour or 2 and eat a ton of it!
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes Mexican style 1 (10 ounce)jar enchilada sauce (no high fructose corn syrup) 1 medium onion, chopped
1 red pepper chopped 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers 2 cloves garlic, minced 3(14.5 ounce) can low sodium chicken OR vegetable broth (organic preferred) 1 teaspoon cumin
1 tsp chili powder 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn 1 can black beans, rinsed
1 lb chicken breast (organic hormone free preferred)
Saute all of your chopped veggies in a large stock pot with spices (peppers,onions,chiles,corn,beans,tomatoes) add garlic last
Season everything with cumin,sea salt,pepper. I recommend Ms. Dash fiesta lime OF COURSE as it knocks socks and adds good flavor
Grill up the chicken breast, I like to season it with a bit of cumin,chili powder, Ms. Dash then grill it up and let it sit to retain the juices and either dice it up or shred it up whichever you like. Add it into the veggie mix. Then add in your broth, enchilada sauce and just let everything simmer for an hour or more.
Top off the soup with some crumbled whole grain tortilla chips or strips,organic sour cream, diced avocado,a bit of shredded sharp cheddar.
Of course a nice little side salad would never hurt. You could even make a “fiesta ranch dressing”Mexican soup
just take some salsa and mix it with Bolthouse Farms ranch dressing found in the produce dept. Its darn good and has good ingredients.
GRILLED SUMMER SALAD
1-2 HEADS OF ROMAINE LETTUCE
2 LARGE TOMATOES
1 ZUCCHINI SQUASH
1 YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH
1 LARGE ONION
2 LARGE PORTABELLA MUSHROOM CAPS
1 BUNCH OF ASPARAGUS
2 LARGE GOLDEN BEETS
2 COLORED PEPPERS OF CHOICE
2 cups of fresh or frozen non GMO corn. Either grill the corn on the cob or saute the niblets in a pan until browned. No need to use oil just keep turning them in a dry pan
1 HEAD OF RADICCHIO
MARINADE FOR VEGETABLES
FRESH CRACKED PEPPER
DRESSING FOR SALAD WHISK TOGETHER THESE INGREDIENTS
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
CUT THE VEGETABLES INTO LARGE QUARTERS SO YOU CAN EASILY GRILL THEM. For the romaine you just take off the outer leaves. For the avocado you simply cut it in ½ so you can grill it face down. After you have everything cut up you can place them into large freezer bags and drizzle the marinade over them. Depending on how many vegetables you have you may need several bags. You can let the veggies marinate anywhere from 1 hr-1 day.
Grill everything up! Cut everything into bite size pieces and mix it all together! Enjoy!
Every time I make this it is quite a crowd pleaser and people are amazed at the flavor that comes out when you grill vegetables. Grill up any vegetables you like, it is certainly not limited to this list. Get creative and make some color.
Quinoa chocolate chip protein cookies
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (whole grain)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa flakes (or oatmeal flakes)
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 4 large VERY RIPE bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup dark, unsweetened chocolate chips (you can also use raisins, walnuts, or any ingredient you desire!)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup hemps seeds (optional)
Pre-heat oven to 380 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas in bowl with a fork and add vanilla and coconut sugar. Add quinoa, oatmeal, coconut and pinch of salt. Mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and/or raisins. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop batter on to cooking sheet. Bake for 25-30minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.Switch-up: replace the chocolate chips with ¼ cup of cacao powder to turn this recipe into chocolate quinoa cookies!
Have a few of these with some fresh fruit or vegetables and you have a nice morning or mid day snack
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
Courtesy of www.lunchboxbunch.com
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini 2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand – I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast) salt to taste if needed Panko breadcrumbs crumbs oil for pan (try safflower ,coconut or olive oil)
Toppers: avocado, Dijon mustard, whole grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs – or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings like raw or grilled onions,mushrooms,tomatoes,pickles,avocado,carrot slices,Dijon mustard,spinach leaves. The list goes on! Try it today and let me know how you like these! Note: yes this patty does fall kind of apart as you eat it. But that is OK because it tastes yummy
BUFFALO WING MEATLOAF WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER + CARROTS
2/3 CUP OLD FASHIONED OATS UNCOOKED
½ CUP LOWFAT MILK (NON DAIRY IS OK)
4 TABLESPOONS OF BUFFALO WING SAUCE (OR MORE TO TASTE)
1 LB LEAN GROUND TURKEY OR GROUND CHICKEN
½ CUP CHOPPED CELERY, ½ CUP CHOPPED CARROTS, ½ CUP CHOPPED ONIONS (ONIONS OPTIONAL)
2 LARGE EGG WHITES
½ TEASPOON SEA SALT
¾ CUP REDUCED FAT BLUE CHEESE OR FETA CHEESE
COMBINE THE OATS AND MILK IN A BOWL AND LET STAND UNTIL OATS ARE SOFTENED. ADD IN THE LEAN GROUND MEAT, BUFFALO SAUCE, EGG WHITES AND SALT.
SAUTE THE VEGETABLES AND ADD THEM INTO THE MIXTURE WHEN THEY ARE TENDER. MIX EVERYTHING UP WITH CLEAN HANDS OR A FORK. ADD IN THE CHEESE.
TRANSFER EVERYTHING OVER INTO A NONSTICK LOAF PAN. I USUALLY COAT PAN WITH A TOUCH OF OLIVE OIL OR NONSTICK SPRAY. SPREAD THE MIXTURE SO THE TOP IS FLAT.
BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 30-45 MIN OR UNTIL MEAT IS COMPLETELY COOKED.
Makes 4 servings.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND CARROTS
CUT CAULIFLOWER AND CARROTS INTO BITE SIZE PIECES AND SPREAD ON A ROASTING PAN, SEASON WITH SEA SALT,PEPPER, DRIZZLE OF OLIVE OIL.
ROAST IN THE OVEN AT 350 DEGREES FOR 25 MIN OR UNTIL TENDER.
ZUCHINNI PAD THAI
Traditional pad thai is made with noodles and a spicy peanut sauce, you can get it with shrimp, chicken or vegetables. It is extremely laden with sodium and fat BUT my version is full of flavor, freshness, colors and health!
Regular vegetable pad thai per serving has approx
740 mg sodium
19 grams of fat 2 grams saturated
67 grams carbohydrates
10 grams protein
MY Pad thai per serving which is about 2-3 cups. you can definitely give yourself a nice big portion its all great stuff!
230 mg sodium
10 grams of fat 0 saturated
20 grams carbohydrates (from vegetables, very useable carbohydrate source)
9 grams of protein
3 cups of shredded red cabbage
2 shredded zuchinni
2 large shredded carrots
4 TBSP tahini
1/2 cup orange juice
1 knob of fresh ginger
juice of 1 lime
handful of parsley
2-3 TBSP Tamari or liquid aminos
cracked black pepper
crushed red pepper if you like spicy
Pour sauce over veggie mix and top with crushed red pepper,bean sprouts, cilantro, diced colored peppers,sliced mushrooms and peanuts or pistachios if you like!
You can even add in some edammame if you want an exrtra plant based protein boost on top! Enjoy with a leafy green salad of all kinds of fun vegetables and or fruits and you have got a rockin’ healthy meal that will shape your body in a good lean way!