A new year already?
Wow! 2015 flew by fast for me I don’t know about you but the years seem to really click by pretty fast the older I get. First off, I want to say THANK YOU to all of the Fitness You Can Live with supporters throughout the year! You all rock and I really really love livin’ the fit and health life with all of you!!
So here we are in January and it’s a hot time for all those resolutions of course, something about a new fresh year that gets us all jacked up to make some changes and set out on new habits.
I am not big on new years resolutions but I always have some continuing goals I am reaching for and things I am always working on for personal and professional development. One of mine this year is to work on recovery for my body so I can perform better in the gym. I will be getting more massages, doing yoga, treating rest days as rest days, turning my brain off, practicing nowism, and relaxing more!
Of course I have gym goals as well. I am always working on things like improving my bench, deadlift, barbell back squat and pullups. Never stop reaching!
If you have some health and fitness goals in mind for 2016 please never hesitate to reach out to me on any of my social media outlets or by phone, email, or text. I am here to help and I promise to do my very best to get you where you want to be!
I offer many fitness and nutritional services to suit your personal needs such as but not limited to group classes, partner workouts, one on one sessions, nutritional coaching, meal planning, grocery shopping education, pantry cleanup, home visits and more!
As we look into the year ahead I challenge you with these questions and thoughts surrounding health goals:
- What do you want to achieve? I encourage you to put some meaning behind it.
- Try to not set a scale weight goal you are not a number on the scale. Try instead to set a performance related goal and chances are quite good that if you are working towards that one you will get to where you want to be.
- Think long term. Guess what? I have been a fitness geek for most of my life and I am still setting goals for myself, it never ends it’s a life style.
- Do not expect immediate results! How long did it take you to get your body in a not so healthy state? Reverse out of that in the right way for long term success.
- Do not buy in to fad quick fixes! If its too good to be true….it is! I have been in this industry long enough to know the scams and they will never ever stop coming! If you’d like me to name a few for you just give me a call.
- Lift heavy things instead of endless hours of cardio, your body will change much faster and develop how you want it to with weights.
- Count nutrients and colors, not calories.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, compete with yourself!
- Stop chasing to be skinny and start chasing to be a strong #badass. It will lead to a much happier life trust me on that.
- Love your body enough to make a change. Love your body enough to workout. Love your body enough to put good food into it. Do not punish yourself for eating a ‘bad food” or missing a workout.
If you focus on maybe to start just one of those ten things I guarantee your life will start to transform before your eyes! Happy New Year everyone!
Don’t forget to check out my Facebook daily for updates!