August happenings at Fitness You Can Live With!
NEWS AND NOTES—–
FITNESS YOU CAN LIVE WITH will be on vacation from August 16th-August 23rd
NO CLASSES OR SESSIONS DURING THAT WEEK! BACK TO NORMAL SCHEDULE ON AUGUST 24TH
This month the theme is to try doing something for 30 days! I would love to challenge you and your family to eat mindfully for 30 days. What do I mean by eating mindfully?
- Eat at regular intervals when you are hungry
- Eat until satisfied not until your stuffed
- Eat whole foods, primarily earth grown nutrients
- Eat only foods with 7 ingredients or less on the label…yes take the time to read the back of the label
- Make sure you can pronounce all the ingredients, if you don’t know what it is then google it! We all have smart phones!
- Plan your meals, this should not fall on only 1 member of the family, get your kids, spouses involved!
Start this 30 day challenge before Fall starts and you will be amazed at the routine you will fall into and you will be ready to attack the school year with some smart food selections.
I encourage you to check in with me and show me what you are making for meals and snacks. Let me know what cool things are finding when at the grocery store with 7 ingredients or less! Sometimes, I don’t get to see or notice absolutely everything so I appreciate your help!
CHECK OUT WWW.GROWINGNATURALS.COM FOR THE LATEST CONTEST!!
This one is a FUN one! You can win a brand new Nutribullet! Just by submitting your own original recipe for protein bites! You must use one of the Growing Naturals Protein Powder in your recipe, chocolate, vanilla or strawberry rice protein or chocolate or vanilla pea protein! Here is a protein bite recipe just to get your mind rolling on some ideas! Good luck and happy cooking!
2 scoops Growing Naturals chocolate rice protein powder
3/4 cup almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp coconut butter
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
*More protein powder or cocoa powder for dusting
Whisk together dry ingredients until there are no lumps
Add in your wet ingredients
Mix until well incorporated and dough is formed
Roll into desired sized balls
Roll balls in protein powder or cocoa powder (or other desired toppings)
Store in sealed tupperware in refrigerator
Makes approximately 18-20 balls depending on size