Post workout nutrition
What you eat is always important; however, when you eat can be just as critical. I am talking about post workout nutrient timing. WHEN TO EAT? WHAT TO EAT?
When you work your muscles, you are breaking down small fibers in your muscles and you are using many energy stores. Energy stores are made up of carbohydrates and protein.
POSTWORKOUT NUTRITION HAS 3 PURPOSES
- REPLENISH GLYCOGEN….replace energy stores
- DECREASE PROTEIN BREAKDOWN…increase muscle quality or size
- INCREASE PROTEIN SYNTHESIS…repair and build damaged muscle
BENEFITS OF POSTWORKOUT NUTRITION
- IMPROVED RECOVERY
- LESS MUSCLE SORENESS, MAKING YOU READY FOR YOUR NEXT WORKOUT
- INCREASED ABILITY TO BUILD MUSCLE TISSUE
- IMPROVED IMMUNE FUNCTION
- IMPROVED BONE MASS
- IMPROVED ABILITY TO UTILIZE BODY FAT
As you can see if you are not giving your body the nutrients it needs after your workouts then you are only hurting your progress in the long run. This is…
View original post 549 more words